- This scholarship is open to all aspiring students in secondary who will be in grades 6 to 10 in the next Academic Year 2019 – 2020.
- This is grade level categorized scholarship. Applicants will be involved in the screening and qualifying rounds based on their grade level and number of scholarship grants awarded will be spread across from grade 6 through 10. Each grade category will have the following number of scholarship intended if standards are met to each award:
1 awardee for full scholarship
2 awardees for 100% scholarship
4 awardees for 50% scholarship
( Awards Guidelines and Standards will be provided in this document and will also be informed to the parents prior to the contest proper )
- Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee consists of the CEO, Academic Manager and the School Principal.
- All applicants must submit a completed application form through the online application portal, inclusive of the following documents:
- Transcripts from the applicant’s current or most recently attended high school (secondary school) or primary. Transcripts that have been downloaded, screenshot, or printed and scanned directly from the applicant’s school are acceptable for the submission of the scholarship application. However, Saint Nicholas International School must receive official transcripts directly from the student during the registration process.
- Deadlines for receipt of applications with all supporting materials for each scholarship will be on _______, along with other pertinent application information.
- All applications and supporting materials for scholarships must be complete and verified before being considered by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee.
- Only complete applications with all required supporting materials that are received by the published deadline will be considered by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee
- All completed applications accompanied by all required supporting materials will be reviewed by the Scholarship Application Evaluation Committee to ensure that every applicant receives full consideration.
Students will personally come to school to complete the final registration process as stated below:
Step 1: Fill-in the information form. – Admission
Download form : SNS APPLICATION FORM
Step 2: Submit additional documents – Recommendation Letters and Certificate of other school achievements ( e.g. sports, academic, extracurricular activities.)
*** for applicants outside Da Nang – document can be submitted as scanned copies sent to the DAS
Step 3: Complete the registration fee. – Accounting Office
*** for applicants outside Da Nang – fee can be through money transfer (@ accounting Department to provide us the procedure)
Step 4: Receive the mechanics, guidelines and criteria of the contest. (Note: applicants must know this before the contest) – DAS
Mechanics of each round:
Round 1: Written Test
- Candidates in each Grade Level Category will do the IQ, EQ, and Math Tests in the allocated classrooms.
- IQ and EQ Tests (45 Minutes)
- Maths Test (45 minutes)
- Time and Rules of the test will be provided to the candidates during the briefing time.
- The result will be based on the average results of tests and will be immediately announced an hour after the round.
- Only the top 15 candidates will advance to the next round.
Round 2: Speaking (Individual)
- Qualifiers for this round will randomly pick a topic (or a question) to speak about. ( Guidelines will be provided later)
- Candidate will be given 2 minutes to prepare and 3 minutes for the speech.
- First bell, signals the start. Second bell reminds the speaker for 30 remaining seconds. Three consecutive bells, signals a time over.
- Deduction point/s will be imposed if the speakers exceeds the time given.
- Speakers will be assessed based on the following speaking criteria – oral grammar, vocabulary, comprehension, lexical range and accuracy and pronunciation.
- Top 6 candidates will advance to the final round.
Round 3: Discussion-Based Debate
**Requirement: Candidates must already know the rules and guidelines of this round
Candidates will be placed in groups and be judged based on the following criteria ( guidelines will be provided later)
- Organization and Clarity – viewpoints and responses are outlined clearly and orderly.
- Use of arguments – reasons are given to support viewpoints
- Use of examples and facts – examples and facts are given to support reason.
- Use of rebuttal (in terms of defense) – arguments made by the other members are responded to and dealt with effectively.
- Presentation Style – Tone of voice, use of gestures, level of enthusiasm are convincing to the audience.
- The committee will draw to randomly sign the speakers to a team and sides they will have as ‘pros’ or ‘cons’.
- Topics will be given after both team members know their sides and will decide their roles and parts.
- Teams will be given 30 minutes to research about the topic and to prepare.
- After the preparation time, speakers will be gathered back to the room for the debate proper. ( Subject for revision by Henry)
Rules for Debate
- Each group is to agree on two to three significant points of argument.
- The “pro” group will read the first point of argument. A debate on the validity of that particular point will ensue, providing others in the group opportunities to elaborate and the “con” group opportunities to counter.
- One person speaks at a time. No side discussions!
- All comments MUST address the previous comment directly. You may not simply ignore a comment and shift the argument to an unrelated point.
- Each person will credit the source of any statistic, quotation, survey, or other research information AT THE TIME that source is mentioned during the debate.
Total Time Allowance: 15 minutes
“Pro” Point #1 “Con” Objection to Point #1 “Pro” Rebuttal to Point #1
“Pro” Point #2 “Con” Objection to Point #2 “Pro” Rebuttal to Point #2
“Pro” Point #3 “Con” Objection to Point #3 “Pro” Rebuttal to Point #3
Total Time Allowance: 5 minutes
Questions from Audience
Total Time Allowance: 15 minutes
“Con” Point #1 “Pro” Objection to Point #1 “Con” Rebuttal to Point #1
“Con” Point #2 “Pro” Objection to Point #2 “Con” Rebuttal to Point #2
“Con” Point #3 “Pro” Objection to Point #3 “Con” Rebuttal to Point #3
Total Time Allowance: 5 minutes
Questions from Audience
Total Time Allowance: 3 minutes
“Pro” Concluding Remarks “Con” Concluding Remarks
- Team members must meet together in preparation for the debate, so they can work together as an effective team. Practice, practice, practice!
- All members of each side must participate in the debate.
- Do not read your materials.
- You may bring some brief notes, but you may not read them.
- Maintain good eye contact with the audience.
- Use proper language and be polite in referring to your opposing team.
- The pro team should write the topic on the board before class begins, listing the names of each pro and con debater in a clear fashion.
Contest Days Schedule
|Registration||7:30 – 8:00||Staffs will register and provide the participants packet*||School Lobby|
|Briefing||8:00 – 8:30||All participants and parents will be gathered in the school theater for the short introduction about the scholarship, briefing of the rules and guidelines of the contest.||School Theater|
Writing: EQ + IQ Test
8:30 – 9:30
|Candidates will be in the allocated classroom. Proctors will read the guidelines and supervise the testing and set the time to finish each test. (Guidelines will be provided later)||Classrooms|
9:30 – 10:15
10:15 – 11:00
|Participants will be on their break and will come back at the theater hall for the announcement.|
|Announcement for the next round qualifiers||
|Announcement of the successful candidates who will advance to the next round.||Theater|
11:30 – 13:30
|Briefing for the Next Stage||
13:30 – 14:00
|All rounds qualifiers will receive the instructions and room allocations for the next round. Schedules will also be given. All candidates must stay in the Theater while waiting for their turn.||Theater|
14:00 – 16:00
|Candidates will individually be in the allocated rooms for the on-the-spot individual speaking rounds.||Classrooms|
Announcement of the Final Stage Qualifiers
16:00 – 16:30
|Announcement 6 top students for each grade level category will be done in the school theater.||School Theater|
End of the Day 1
|Arrival of Participants||
7:30 – 8:00
Staff will register the participants and distribute the days schedule.
8:00 – 8:30
|Welcome talk and reading of the guidelines and mechanics of the final round||School Theater|
|Team Allocation||8:30 – 9:00||Candidates will be assigned to their team. Staff will give out schedules.||Classrooms|
Grade 6 and Grade 7 Final Stage
|9:00 – 9:10||Giving of the topic||2 Classrooms|
|9:10 – 9:40||Research – candidates will do the research in the library.|
|10:00 – 10:30||Debate proper – Each group will do simultaneously in 2 separate rooms|
|Grade 7 and Grade 8
|10:00 – 10:10||Giving of the topic||2 Classrooms|
|10:10 – 10:40||Research – candidates will do the research in the library.|
|11:00 – 11:30||Debate proper – Each group will do simultaneously in 2 separate rooms|
|Break||11:30 – 1:30||Lunch Break|
|Grade 9 and Grade 10 Final Stage||1:30 – 1:40||Giving of the topic||2 Classrooms|
|1:40 – 2:10||Research – candidates will do the research in the library.|
|2:30 – 3:00||Debate proper – Each group will do simultaneously in 2 separate rooms|
|Result Deliberation||3:00 – 3:30||Judges Deliberation for the Final Result||Meeting Room|
|Announcement of the Results||3:30 – 4:00||Names of the Awardees will be announced for all grade levels||School Theater|
Download all :
Contact us :
Hotline/ĐT: 0236 3708353
Address/địa chỉ : 458 Nguyễn Hữu Thọ